Thursday, September 8, 2016

And sometimes...

There was a time in my life when I thought I wanted to be a doctor. So I made sure I enrolled in the science stream class, made sure I pass my Biology subject, made sure I pass my Add Maths, and was pretty sure I didn't faint at the sight of blood.

Sometimes I wanted to be a Radio Deejay. That would've been cool too. Playing your favorite songs on air, becoming one of those radio personality with a voice without having to show your face because you dislike direct communication or insure about your looks, working flexible hours and still make ends meet...

Sometimes I wanted to be a teacher because my dad was one... A Pastor because saving souls was detrimental and I could relate... A Musician even though I could play just one instrument... An Actress because I could shed tears at will and talk to the mirror like a pro ... A housewife because I wanted to keep the house and raise children on my own...

But sometimes you meet people and things change. Sometimes what you did to get there -- all the efforts and hard work -- did not go hand in hand with what your heart really wanted at the time. And sometimes, confusion reeled in with the tie between your heart and your head. Sometimes some days are better than others and sometimes things were just looking up and in a split second it was gone. At growing up stage, what do you really know what to do with your life anyway?

Well, we can only walk so far, but when you make your decision at the crossroad, your course in life changed. And sometimes you can't go back but move on. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow, for what else can you do? But sometimes it isn't always a bad thing either, sometimes it turns out for the best. Sometimes, not all the time.

There are so many 'sometimes' in our lives that we wish for things to be different. But upon looking at where we end up at, sometimes in 'sometimes' itself we forget to be grateful and give thanks that things did not turn out the way we initially wanted it.

I guess what I am saying is, I accept and am grateful today for what I have become, what I have gone through and where I am right now. I am still a nobody where fame and fortune is concerned, but sometimes, life isn't just about all that. We need to be thankful too and act like it.

It's all part of life, living, live and let live.

Okay, good talk.

27 comments:

  1. Sometimes what we plan aren't right for us and thats why we derailed from it. well, at least that's what I think. haha.. Anyway, life change and it actually builds us. prepare us by meeting certain people doesn't matter if they stay or go right.

    And I am actually pretty thankful that I found my fellow bloggers friends. It really reminds me how small Kch really is. Or world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? cuma kita dua belum jumpa. or maybe ada tapi sik kenal kot ahaha. Anyway, im glad to be who and where i am right now, blessed is the word. and grateful. Have a great week ahead moi!

      Delete
    2. Haha... i second that.. maybe ada tapi sik cam. But hard to miss tho. I sometimes encounter Cyril during events last last last time. you know, when i'm still rajin turun event segala. rarely now. haha maybe one day you'll never know right. have a great day yourself!

      Delete
    3. u bolehlah cam i, kitak ya susah sekali nak cari gambar muka, mun aku sik kenal, negur dolok oh hehehe. last last last time aku sik pernah ikut event ngan kitak org haha...
      Happy Wednesday!

      Delete
    4. ahahaha ada dlk byk dlm blog but sik tauk apahal semua gmbr dlm blog jadi semua ilang.. sedih bah nangga entry bergambar jadi XXXX semua huhu.. yes.. i remember u never went to any event dlk. no no.. not dlk. ya cita lamak ya haha.. dlm fb insta adalah gambar aieh

      Delete
  2. I never wanted to be a doctor...nor a teacher though I ended up becoming one.

    Yes, I wanted to be a radio deejay too. Went for the voice test but I was so very ill that day and sounded like a croaking frog. Of course, I did not get the job. God works in mysterious ways.

    I wanted to be a flight steward too - and yes, I was tall and slim then, less than half of my present size. I wonder if I would ever get to be my present shape if I had got the job.

    Sighhhhhhh!!!! Dreams...and the way things might have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A teacher is a very noble profession. :-) A doctor, well now that i think about it, glad i didnt roll that way, cant imagine having to spend so much time away from my family, u know how the long hours are. Dreams... we can just go on and on....

      Anyway, have a good week ahead Cikgu! =)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm midlife crisis? :)

    I believe we are very much in our comfort zone now right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah kali juak. masa mengenang masa depan. Yes we are in our comfort zone now. Too comfortable sometimes LOL

      Delete
  4. Be grateful and thankful for who and what we are.

    Of course I do think of that "sometime" moment. What if I choose that, choose this.

    When I were younger I wanted to be a teacher. And then I wanted to be a model (but I am too short. Lol). Then again I am happy with how I am today. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Model? Perhaps you could, these days in the age of the internet and social media, you can still be anything you want (within the boundaries of the law and right and wrong i.e) haha. Be happy wherever we are is right! Stay sane Rose, lol and have a great week! :-)

      Delete
  5. Such a great post, very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look at the advertisements in the magazines when I was a kid, I love looking at advertisements and when I stepped into the society, I worked in the advertising line.

    I also dreamed of being a tuition agent and now I am one.

    I would say my dreams have come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!! hahaha so many ads in the papers back then, so tempting! Lol. And glad your dreams came true, yay!

      Delete
  7. I have been in the advertising line all my life because my mother knew what was best for me. She went to apply for the college for me and put me onto the plane to US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mothers know best for their children. :-) Look how you turned out! Yay! I hope I would too for my children next time.

      Delete
  8. Recently, my bestfriend shared to me. "Sometimes, the people/things that you want are not necessarily the one that you need currently." And most motivational videos that I watch says that where we are currently is not necessarily where we should be. As long as we are alive and breathing, we have the power to make a change. I am currently at the stage of my life (again) where I wonder if what I am doing is right. But then again, what is right for the other person might not be right for me. So just continue to do whatever that you do right now. As long as you are happy, that's the most important thing. Cheers 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are right! Sometimes we don't know what we want until we have them, or that we don't want them until we're put in that spot. Good lifelong learning experience and always evolving. So take each day with gratitude and hope for the best! I'm sure you too will be fine in the end. As long as you're happy, right? Have a wonderful day ahead Marcy!

      Delete
  9. follow the flow when you have no directions. guess thats how i am flowing,although a rough current lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. A rough current is still a flow, there might be a lovely stream or a lake nearby at the end of it. :-)

      Delete
  10. I wanted to be a radio deejay too..hahaha.. thought it would be cool to earn money playing music =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? that time it was the coolest thing esp when you listen to music a lot. Haha

      Delete
  11. Popping in from Rose's blog. I can relate - I never imagined I'd be in accounting. It was the one thing I swore I'd never do when I was young. For some reason, I did well and the rest, they say is history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! thanks for visiting! I wanted to be an accountant too because I figured it would bring in a lot of money, too bad im not that good with numbers haha. But yay for you!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you! And you too! Have a lovely week ahead! =)

      Delete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!