Saturday, July 2, 2016

Laksa Sarawak Review: Certified Best Ever at The House Cafe, Padungan...

The Laksa Contender! I know I said the last one was the best Laksa Sarawak I've ever had, well I found yet ANOTHER cafe that serves a really delicious worth-waking-up-for Laksa Sarawak in town. And because I love it so much, this is now on top of the list of all the best Laksa, in my opinion. Haha that is, until I can find another one that either matches or topples it.

Anyway, it's here at The House Cafe, Jalan Padungan (right next to Wisma Mahmud, and facing the river directly). The stall - Alfred Laksa. Serving every morning until 11.am at least, and closed on Sunday.Alfred and the boys look like they are regulars at the gym too. =)
 Alfred Laksa stall at The House Cafe, Padungan

The gravy packs a punch, the chicken meat is tender, the coriander leaves is in generous amount, and the prawn - springy and medium size. Ask for the specials, it comes with extra chicken meat (with the skin etc). The special however, normally finishes off as early as 9.30am, sometimes 10.00am and is RM11 per bowl. After that, you can make do with the 'big portion' which is the normal laksa but is served in a big bowl, none of the extra chicken meat.

The 1aksa Sarawak special...

I'm currently teaching my little girl to appreciate Laksa like her mommy does, so her initiation has been pretty adventurous and she's adapting well to it - starting off with the vermicelli noodle/bihun minus the gravy, sometimes the chicken meat only or the eggs only with an after taste of the gravy. And today I just fed her a few spoonful of bihun right off my bowl and the chicken meat, and I must say I'm proud of her taking it so well and not minding the spicy taste at all.

Carissa with her Aunty Catriey and paternal Grandma...

By now, you should know I am sucker for Laksa Sarawak. Can't have enough of them. Oh my weightloss journey is still proceeding steadily and although Laksa packs a mean bowl of calories, it's ok because it's breakfast and you know what they say about breakfast. Never skip it. Have a good July y'all!

17 comments:

  1. hungry ooo....
    have u ever try laksa at siang siang bt3... so far thats my fav... but the stall only open at night and from All Joy Saberkas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laksa siang-siang bt 3? Sik pernah, but now that you mentioned it, kelak try. Jarang2 mok singgah ke sia hehe. Yg All Joy Saberkas ya nang nyaman lah, dolok2 masa kecik selalu makannya. Now dah besar lamak dah sik cerik

      Delete
  2. Nyaman eh, mok cuba juak. Tapi jauh la pulak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. masa kerja bolehlah singgah, mun sik Sabtu pagi kah. Tapi Ahad tutup ya.

      Delete
  3. Love the cafe. It's clean, not too far away, and parking is easy to find ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And not always packed which means easy to find seats. :-) And they have baby chair.

      Delete
  4. Must go and check this place out if I go to Kuching again. That day, Chong Choon was closed - some say it's the best in Kuching, better than Anthony Bourdain's favourite - Chong Hui. I went to Wang Full, also nice. Yet to taste Kuching laksa that is not nice in Kuching, unlike the ones in Sibu. Mostly, tak pass!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chong Choon moved across the street only, watch out for the signs. The laksa stall only closes on Tuesday though. Yes better than Choon Hui. But so far, The House Cafe is now better than all, in my honest opinion i.e. Well Sibu has kampua, Kuching have laksa. Must try ya when ur next in town. =)

      Delete
  5. I have never been here! Heard of this shop but never go and try. Thanks for sharing. I am also a sucker when it comes to Sarawak laksa.

    Hi five, dear! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have not?? then you better do soon! LOL. let me know your verdict. Hehe

      Delete
  6. I havent been to Sarawak to taste the original laksa but the ones I have tasted in KL, I must say the one from Aloft KL is the best. Many other friends voted the same too so I hope it is true. I also hope that is what Sarawak Laksa supposed to taste like lah :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope also lah since I have never eaten laksa sarawak other than in Sarawak :-) because it wud be a shame if it taste differently. Lol

      Delete
  7. Hi Coffee Girl! Long time no 'see' haha. Wow, you're still going strong in the blogosphere. Salute hehe.

    No video of you slurping the laksa soup? Disappointed. lol jk.

    Happy Wednesday yo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes still standing, despite been posting on and off, unlike previously. Haha We try to catch up on lost time bah.

      Happy Friday!

      Delete
  8. Coming here wrong timing...midnight. see the delicious laksa makes me hungry liao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah 1.12 am! wow. so late ah. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  9. Couldn't agree more, definitely the best Laksa! Finished all including gravy #sehinggamenjilatmangkuk hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!