Monday, August 31, 2015

Homeland, Malaysia...

In the words of Mark Twain: “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.” Period.

In the patriotic sense, loyalty therefore, is not given, it is earned. And I quote, "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

Even though I can choose any country I want to live in, I still choose Malaysia. At times, she may have her downs, her ugliness, her imperfection, her destitution, her insecurities, and her unrest...but she also have her ups, her beauty, her wholeness, her assurance, her wealth, her peace. In spite of and because of those, it's the only home I can truly call my own. I don't know about you but I'm counting my blessings that I was born here instead of somewhere else. 

This is a Happy Malaysian post and I don't care what you may think or say. No matter what is currently broiling in my country, I will still stand by it.

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY MALAYSIA

The lil one in her Team Malaysia jersey...

17 comments:

  1. Happy National Day. A well written post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Happy National Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. yes happy national day! wow lil one grew fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy National Day! Yes indeed, feels like just yesterday she was born :)

      Delete
  3. Nak cakap sayang x jugak, nak cakap x sayang x jugak, but I believe there's a reason why I am born to be a Malaysian. Kes orang pasrah tok.. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well sejaik jaik negara kita, negara kita juak kan. Kenalah support juak walau apapun. Happy National Day dayung!

      Delete
  4. Your daughter so adorable, so cute you tie her hair like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh of not if will drop on her forehead and interfere with her eyes and sight, so have to tie cause i don't wanna have it trim. =)

      Delete
  5. Cute baby!

    Happy National Day (was a bit late anyway :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley mommy! And happy national day to u too, never too late to wish :)

      Delete
  6. Is that your girl? So big already!!! So fast!!! It was just like you just got married! My! My! How time flies!!! Our prayers always for our country...for a better tomorrow and a bright future for our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's her! 8mths++ now. Feels like just yesterday she was born, and now she has started to crawl haha. Fast right? Wish i could halt time sometimes. Happy National Day! Hope for a better tomorrow. =)

      Delete
  7. yes indeed. same point of view.

    ala somel.. ada pokok kelapa di tgh2 tu hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah, your princess big girl already, very cute, I wana kiss her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time we gotta grab a cuppa together

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!