Friday, August 21, 2015

Ah Huat Instant White Coffee...

Instant coffee current fix? Here goes...

I grabbed a packet of Ah Huat 3-in-1 White Coffee from Everrise fast lane counter the other day, and I've been hooked on this brand ever since. Grabbing just any on the go was actually a gamble since 2 out of 3 times I always ended up disliking the taste and therefore blacklisting the brand while the packet will be left untouched until it reaches the expiry date (and then disposed of). A waste of money.

But this one time gamble paid off. Who knew right? Which is why you should never gamble.

Anyway, back to Ah Huat brand.  The one that got me started was the 'Classic' type. Delightfully, it wasn't sweet at all and not aromatic either (I hate it when my coffee smells weird...). It smells like white coffee, thankfully, and tasted even better... creamy but slightly bitter on the side.

And then I tried the 'Low Fat' type. It was even less sweet and slightly more bitter than the Classic. The 'low fat' tag kind of give me a better feeling but of course we all know it's probably a lie, but who cares?

Ah Huat Low Fat White Coffee (blue), Ah Huat ClassicWhite Coffee (brown...
By the way, ignore the OldTown White Coffee satchet. I like the hot cup they make for me at Old Town cafe, but the instant one is nothing close to it. This one is actually bitter than I prefer, like it lacks sugar and cream altogether. So... this is one of the failed gamble I was talking about earlier.

While I would still take Aik Cheong 2in1 once in a while (I still have a few satchets left and the brand is also not too bad), I have altogether chucked Kopiko (too bland), Super (too bland and too smelly), CheckHup Ipoh White Coffee King (too sweet and creamy and gave me headache) and Nescafe (stopped being a fan since 2003, too sweet and smells weird). By bland I mean my system has probably gotten used to them and therefore just doesn't do the trick anymore. Sorry for these bunch, no offense.

Yes I agree instant coffee is not good for health especially on a frequent basis... but it's as close to having a good quick cup of coffee whenever I feel like having one. This one trick I swear by: When your pee starts to smell like coffee, do a few days' detox and go coffee-free until your pee stop smelling like coffee. Now I remember why I stopped taking Nescafe 3in1...

On a different note, the coffee at any coffee shops served using traditional cups and saucers, priced at RM1.20... is still the best kind.

Have a good weekend ahead people!


17 comments:

  1. I am not a coffee drinker. But agree with you that any tea (or coffee) served into old traditional coffee shops are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. drinking in them brings back memories... sigh...

      Delete
    2. Hi, some personal sharing here, “The ‘World-Stopping Taste’ campaign has been conceptualized for the launch of Essenso MicroGround Coffee to celebrate the ‘coffee pause’ – the moment when coffee drinkers forget the world around them while enjoying their coffee, read more at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/super-essenso-microground-coffee/

      Delete
  2. Instant coffee? Call me jakun, never had that before.. In fact, never had coffee, I only drink Milo and Horlicks.. From small, mom didn't allow us to drink coffee, so I also no drink lor.. If teringin, I just put weeeeee bit of coffee powder into my Milo when I drink it for breakfast..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? then u better not start now, later mommy marah :D. it's no harm just a bit, but since ur expecting, i dont think u shd try them now either.

      Delete
  3. Never try any of Ah Huat's coffee... but thanks, now i know which to buy... Classic White coffee...

    Anyways, oldtown hazelnut white coffee (green packet if i'm not mistaken) actually yummy too... this one i never try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that hazelnut, i didnt really like it cause it smells like hazelnut. :(

      Delete
  4. Oh i bought this before. The taste quite suit me. But i had to stop coz its too heaty for my body..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good that u agree! well maybe something milder for you then :)

      Delete
  5. Ah Huat does not have kopi-o, 2 in 1. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh got! i think it's either the green colour one, i'm not sure but I think I saw it. I'll look out for you. =)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Da juak ku try 21, sik serasi, cam ada bau sikit yg aku sik suka huhu

      Delete
  7. I drank this Ah Huat coffee before, not bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is not bad, it is awesome for me! =)

      Delete
  8. This brand of coffee is quite popular, but I don't drink coffee so don't know how it taste like :p

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!