Thursday, July 9, 2015

Home is where the heart is...

I didn't realise how true the saying is until the little one came along.

Since becoming a mom, my life has made a 360 degree turning. My focal point has switched from career and money-making to family and home life. About now, I found that I don't really worry how much I'm making as long as I get home safe at the end of everyday. Even traveling for work seems to be off putting these days. I'm even considering changing career to a more laid back one that doesn't require me to think much or travel much, but one that keeps me constantly able to spend more quality time with my little family at home.

My constant worry now is that I don't spend enough moment with my little girl, watching her grow up, enjoying and capturing her precious milestones and achievements, and making sure she knows I'm the one who brought her into this world. I'm also worried she'll be close more to her nanny than me... :'( or to anyone else than me. I know she's always in good hands when I'm not around, it's just me being paranoid much.

But then, maybe motherhood does that to every woman. With the joy comes the concerns. Oh well... As of now, unfortunately, I cannot entertain the thoughts of becoming a full time mom because we do need the money. Cost of living these days is too high... baby products are more expensive than adult's, and there are also the bills and miscellaneous debts to pay off.

I am however, looking into having a career that allows me to work from home. Wouldn't that be fantastic? Then I could have an early retirement... This daydreaming is not bad really. Hmm...

Anyway, since I have a knack for home-cooked meal, maybe that meal business is still on the line. Home made kuetiaw soup everyone! Good for any time of the day, but most especially when you feel down or under the weather or simply craving for a hot healthy meal. =)

20 comments:

  1. Rajin na ko masak nek tok dayung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biasa lah dayung. :D maok makan sihat masak dikpun jak walaupun sik juak lah nampak menyihatkan, menggemukkan adalah. =)

      Delete
  2. The arrival of the precious baby will change you into a loving and dotting mummy. You will realise that life is beautiful and happiness is all around us. You can slowly start doing some trading from home as I have seen a number of successful mums. Another became a part time property agent and her baby could even tag along! When she sold just one house, she could shake legs for 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right. I didnt know I have it in me until this lil one comes along. Then wham! everything is not the same anymore. Not in a bad way, but in a very good way! Hey property management! that actually sounds like a good idea! =)

      Delete
  3. I like this type of smaller and thinner kuaw tiaw. Yoi are so hard-working making own kuaw tiaw. My comfort food. Just had seafood kuaw tiaw this morning in Kenyalang in Noodle Expert (same row with Toto).

    Yes. I prefer stay at home when I have my 1st baby. Even after work also cannot wait to pick her from nanny and hug and kiss her. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya the smaller one easy to handle, the big one always slip through fork/spoon or chopstick. lol. Expert food court! I like that place, so much choice! Now you're staying at home right? so untung lah you...

      Delete
  4. You cooked that kway teow soup? That sure looks good, anytime better than those sold outside, that's for sure, especially with those prawns. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. :-) Our family's comfort food. Easy to make and yummy to eat.

      Delete
  5. Im jealous with people having kids! Don't they charm u so much? hehe. I may not have my own kids but having to babysit all my niece and nephew from baby till now sure has that affect on me. Just wish to have my own. anyway, take good care of urself and baby. they grow up so fast dont they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! A household with kids is so much fun! Don't worry, your turn will come along soon, relax jak dolok. Once you have kids, your life will totally change. And yes they grow up so fast! Huhuhu

      Delete
  6. Dont worry too much.... it's part n parcel being a mom n work fulltime darling. Sasa will always know u are her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tia, i do hope so. Sometimes it may look like she has to be reminded... hahaha. gik kecik kot...

      Delete
  7. OMG! kueh tiaw oooo...my all time favorite tok. haha. Anyway how are you sis? hope everything is OK for you and family. Lamak sik ngabas blog kitak hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I've been fine bro. :D yalah lamak sik ngabas blog kitak juak. welcome back! ya kuetiaw ingredient sukati namanya ya. LOL

      Delete
  8. Faham gilak2 perasaan ya..everything we do nowadays is all for our kid(s).. Dolok merempit di jalan raya but now driving so careful so we can safely arrive home after work..

    Anyway, that kuewtiau soup looks so delicious . and healthy! Best masak d rumah. Can add any ingredients we like. Mok engkah banyak2 prawn pun xpa bah. . keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duhal kau merempit? LOL. yalah sama. camne perasaan ada dua orang tek? aku sorang pun dah macam tok, rasa nak berenti kerja jak huhuhu. Masak di rumah memang the best, cuma kadang2 kepak balik kerja dan sikda masa gilak between balik kerja, atur apa yg patut dengan anak dan laki, dan between sleep time. Awal si kecik tido bah, yalah masa makin pendek. :D

      Delete
  9. I had the same thoughts as you when I had my first boy.. Going back to work was a very depressing thing for me. I left him at the babysitter every morning and I felt like dying.. But after a while, I got used to it, like you said, we need the money, I have to continue working.. Soon, I was taking MC's and off days from work, and still leave him at the babysitter so that I can go shopping and do my stuff, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya :'( sending her off every morning is such a torture, and she looks at me as if I'm leaving her. Huhuhu. But I suppose one must do what one must do in order to be sane and alive. You have fun with your no. 3! :D

      Delete
  10. First glance I thought you tapau the noodle . So pandai leh you cook.

    Ya wor..now baby products so expensive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh but that's so simple to do. You try lah :D. Ya baby products more expensive than mommy and daddy's.

      Delete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!