Saturday, May 9, 2015

Here's to you mothers: You're A Good Mom...

Hey, it is my first Mother's Day celebration! Being a new mom opens my eyes to so many new feelings and adventures, sometimes it's truly unfathomable. I may still be new at this, but I do get you now mom. This isn't written by me, but it's so good that it's worthy to be shared. Here's a tribute to you mothers...

To the mom who's breastfeeding: Way to go! It really is an amazing gift to give your baby, for any amount of time that you can manage! You're a good mom.

To the mom who's formula feeding: Isn't science amazing? To think there was a time when a baby with a mother who couldn't produce enough would suffer, but now? Better living through chemistry! You're a good mom.

To the cloth-diapering mom: Fluffy bums are the cutest! And so friendly on the bank account. You're a good mom.

To the disposable-diapering mom: Damn those things hold a lot! And it's excellent to not worry about leakage and laundry. You're a good mom.

To the mom who stays at home: I can imagine it isn't easy doing what you do, but to spend those precious years with your babies must be amazing! You're a good mom.

To the mom who works: It's wonderful that you're sticking to your career. You're a positive role model for your children in so many ways, it's fantastic! You're a good mom.

To the mom who had to feed her kids from the drive-thru all week because you're too worn out to cook or go grocery shopping: You're feeding your kids, and hey, I bet they aren't complaining! Sometimes sanity can indeed be found in a red box with a big yellow M on it. You're a good mom.

To the mom who gave her kids a home-cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for the past week: Excellent! Good nutrition is important, and they're learning to enjoy healthy food at an early age, a boon for the rest of their lives. You're a good mom.

To the mom with the kids who are sitting quietly and using their manners in the fancy restaurant: Kudos! It takes a lot to maintain order with children in a place where they can't run around. You're a good mom.

To the mom with the toddler having a meltdown in the cereal aisle: They always seem to pick the most embarrassing places to lose their minds don't they? We've all been through it. You're a good mom.

To the moms who judge other moms for ANY of the above? Glass houses, friend. Glass houses.

- Anonymous
(Borrowed from www.babysavers.com via Pinterest)

********************************************************
My 1st mother's Day gift from my babies...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ALL YOU AWESOME MOMS OUT THERE!

18 comments:

  1. Happy mum's day! Nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! Happy belated Mother's Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. Good one. And I hope I am a good mum to my children. I try to balance all the above, I used disposable + cloth diapers, I bf + formula, I homecooked + drive thru. I try to quit my job but money not enough. So yeah.. I am trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a great mom! don't let anybody say otherwise. :-) We may raise our kids differently, but that's every mom to herself. And yeah I try to quit my job so I can take care of my own baby too but I cant do that yet. Money not enough...

      Delete
  3. Belated Happy Mum's Day to you...and your mum...and all mums among your blog followers! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and Happy Belated Mother's Day to you too Hayley! And congrats on the new baby!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! Happy Mother's Day by the way.. We are super-moms !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are Princess, no doubt about it. Lol. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  6. Lovely description :)

    Happy 1st Mother's Day to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful saying there. Straight to my heart, because I always feel like being judged by other Moms. We always want the best for our kids, regardless of how we roll..

    Happy belated mother's day Cg. Beautiful earring s there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel that way dearie. sometimes when i look at other mothers, i too feel like saying something when i see them not doing what i feel is right, but then i thought, she knows better than me how to raise her child and everyone's way is different but doesnt mean one is right and another is wrong. So yeah, let's worry less and love more. Happy mother's day to you too Now Mommy of TWO! :D

      Delete
  8. So sad. I miss my mum now. Yesterday was her 100 days anniversary.

    Happy Belated Mum's Day to you and I hope you will be the best mother to your darling baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for your loss. And thank you for the wishes. I hope I will be the best mother too, Amen.

      Delete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!