Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How to give your sayang that surprise 5 minutes show ...

[Note: This is a reminisce post on OttersBigDay. Or #Throwback moment, if you will...]

And to quote Mr Benjamin Mee (Matt Damon) in the movie We Bought A Zoo: "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."


How to give your sayang that surprise 5 minutes show:
1. Prepare mentally in advance the song you plan to sing.
2. Learn the chords and forget flourish, focus on the majors.
3. Practice. And memorize the lyrics.
4. Make sure the manicurist clip your nails short but pretty on the left hand. Long nails prevent grip.
5. Inform the Band discreetly to prepare an acoustic guitar in advance but keep it out of sight.
6. Don't let your partner know about it.
7. On D-Day, you can still back out if you feel like it. But try not to think too much about stage fright.
8. Find an opportunity for your show. And let the MC in on it.
9. Throw caution to the wind, go on stage and just do your thing the way you practiced it.
10. Remember, all you need is that 20 seconds of insane courage... and a lifetime of NOT Regretting You Didnt Do It.

And so I did! I really didn't care if I didn't know how to sing, didn't have a good voice, blew the chords all over the place, stepped on my gown, made a fool of myself... because the whole time Matt Damon was in my mind giving me that silent encouragement.

And now I shall tell my unborn baby (at press time) how the daddy was invited on stage to hold my phone with the Googled lyrics because mommy was a little overwhelmed to be alone on stage. Love!

Ok Happy Wednesday Everybody!! 

P/s: By the way, the song was 'It's Your Love' originally sang by She Moves. I'd like to believe I did the Tim McGraw version though.  Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJ4i4S_fP8

12 comments:

  1. Yes, same question as above. What song did you sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ez Vina: yalah kau sik datang :( ... Lagu 'It's your Love. :D jap ku edit and add dlm post.

    Tia: Muahhh! thanks!

    suituapui: 'It's Your Love' originally sang by She Moves, but i did the Tim McGraw version. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AJ4i4S_fP8

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really great! This is a nice and touching post. Baby will remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very useful tips! Too bad won't be useful for me, or the hubs :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Haha! Yeah, that's the way to go about it. I'm sure he loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want She Moves or Tim McGraw's version, I want Coffee Girl version... where's the video haha jk. But seriously, someone must have taken a video, right hehe.

    Happy Sunday yo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good idea :) Bet he will be surprised

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twilight Man: oh yes baby will! otherwise i'll keep reminding. Hehe

    Huai Bin: I hoped he did too!

    Hayley: Lol... well it cud work some other ways too :)

    Willie: Hmm...

    Small Kucing: :-) he was...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Armstrong: someone did, but i cudnt get a hold of it. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!