Friday, May 30, 2014

Lil one's adventure holidaaaaaaaay!

Ah... second post for the month of May on the second last day. No wait, this is the third post! We made it! Hehe.

Progressing at 3 months and 1 week along today has been an amazing journey. We made it to through the first trimester with flying colors! Well, we kinda cheated there a little bit since we only discovered baby otter's existence like on the 9th weeks... so yeah. Good job procrastinating on that test kit hah. I wondered how much coffee I consumed without knowing. I seriously don't encouraged stalling after you feel suspicious of symptoms and changes. Although in my case, there was some tiny bit of technicality that caused me to snuff out all hopes, but just when I was about to shrug it off, it turned the table on me and proved itself positive and persistent! Just like a fairy tale drama twist...

Google pix: Crazy about cute tiny knitwear like those...

Well thank God for tiny miracles. I don't know what I've done right in my past life to deserve it.

Anyway, while I'm a roll here...

Found myself hungry a lot quicker even after I just ate, but that I eat less portion compared to before. I also discovered that after I ate my fill, any other pictures of food (especially those of my favorites) will render me nauseous. So Instagram after meal time is a no-no. Strangely, my system seems to be accepting milk - which I used to gag on - like I've always drank it my whole life. Pretty awesome huh. And there's the frequent past midnight trips to the bathroom, but that one is normal or so I read somewhere.

It's such a tender feeling. One that keeps me close to my Creator for He brought and gifted this life to me to be responsible for. It's like, carrying another person makes me care for myself more. I used to be so carefree with whatever I eat, wherever I go, whatever I do... but now things have drastically changed and it's all for the better. My waist is expanding sideways... weird. I thought it should be bulging frontward. Haha.

Oh by the way, I'm a sucker for sambal kicap (Tong Nam brand) cili padi belacan gula to dip with any fruit, preferably asam. The taste for it just double-folds at this stage.

Spicy soy sauce dip & local mango...

Oh yes we have been busy being a lil cookie monster. Food adventures everywhere! This month alone, mah little otter has been on early adventures -- work related of course -- to scenic Sandakan of Sabah... where we had Earl Grey tea and thick English scones and strawberry jam under a shady tree at Agnes Keith Tea House... just like the English do ... And ikan bangus bakar!

 Sandakan...

... And then a week later, we flew to small oil town Bintulu for another weekend of duty...
 
 Bintulu...

... With all that movement, I think we deserve a little holiday ourselves, right? Soon -- about 4 days from now, we will be jetting off to these breathtaking destinations!

Goole Pix: Make a really wild guess where...

Talk about a loooong weekend! Wohooo!

Gawai Festival is two days away and the rest of that is the much much much awaited hoooooliiiidaaaayyyy! So here's to the holiday seasons folks!

SELAMAT HARI GAWAI!
SIRAMAT ANDU GAWAI!
AND 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Holiday dayung. Pergi Hanoi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. U forgot to mention the early nights =P hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays! Enjoy your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gawai! Scanned already? Girl or boy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gawai...Gayu Guru, Gerai Nyamai Din

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaww.. can't wait to see the little one coming out soon.. hehehe...

    Guess someone is enjoying much eating Pho now.. I miss vietnamese food...

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.o my message disappeared? hahaha.. anyways.. i was saying i miss Pho.. >.<

    oh.. and can't wait for your little one to come out and we don't mind you drown us with all the babies photos.. hahaha..

    enjoy your vietnam trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope it's not too late to wish you Siramat Ondu Gawei (pardon my Bidayuh, it's quite rusty haha) and congratulations on your Otter Jr! I actually told your love story to my girlfriends when we were hanging out at Starbucks Airport from how you met your hubby to your love story to your wedding (and the pre-wedding photoshoot that you did at Starbucks yes, I am a sucker for love story, especially from ordinary people like you hehe) and that now you're happily married and is expecting a baby on the way. Hoping that your pregnancy goes well and hope to hear about Otter Jr soon. Cheers! ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it's not too late to wish you Siramat Ondu Gawei (pardon my Bidayuh, it's quite rusty haha) and congratulations on your Otter Jr! I actually told your love story to my girlfriends when we were hanging out at Starbucks Airport from how you met your hubby to your love story to your wedding (and the pre-wedding photoshoot that you did at Starbucks yes, I am a sucker for love story, especially from ordinary people like you hehe) and that now you're happily married and is expecting a baby on the way. Hoping that your pregnancy goes well and hope to hear about Otter Jr soon. Cheers! ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it's not too late to wish you Siramat Ondu Gawei (pardon my Bidayuh for it's kinda rusty haha) and congratulations on your pregnancy. Otter Jr is on his/her way! Oh btw, I actually told my girlfriends about your love story, from how you met your hubby at Starbucks airport, to how you guys got together and finally get married (and actually did your pre-wedding photoshoot at Starbucks airport hehe, because I'm a sucker for love stories, especially from ordinary people like you and I and etc hehe) and that now you're expecting while we were hanging out at KIA's Starbucks a day after my girlfriend got hitched cz I believe stories like this should be shared to everyone. Can't wait to hear about stories on Otter Jr soon.

    Cheers!~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya, you should care about yourself more haha. And not too much coffee wakaka.

    Agnes Keith Tea House! Been there house. Nice environment, and I guess nice view as well.

    Okay, all the best to you ya, Coffee Gal hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ez Vina: Yup! and now back!

    CyrilDason: haha ya i forgot. You know it!

    Hayley: Thanks mommy! :D

    suituapui: Happy Gawai to you too! not yet scanned, maybe wont, we'll be thrilled with either one. :D

    Apai Kenyalang: Lama menyepi? Selamat kembali! :D Happy Gawai to you too!


    ReplyDelete
  13. Libby: thanks! =)

    ahlost: your message got leh, masuk my filter box awaiting approval. :D Ada tu! Ya enjoyed my pho very much. Thanks! I did very much! still wanna go holiday huhu. Later i flood insta and fb u dont marah aa. =))

    Marcy J: Hi Marcy! you did? awww thanks for sharing. It was an ordinary love story, which I believe someday you will get to experience with someone special. Keep an open mind and especially have faith, true love and fairy tales do exist. Wait till Otter Jr is born then it will be half complete! :-) I do hope to write a novel someday (which until now is a lost project haha)

    Armstrong: bah you mesti pegi ke Agnes Tea House, org Sabah harus dulu. :D untung bah u all. And thanks, saya kurang minum kopi sekarang. Rasa kekurangan... huhu

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!