Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Food Review: Candlelight Dinner at The Peak, Pullman

I know, I know, this is an overdue post. But I'm still on time, I hope. Been preoccupied with running both career (or job) and own life simultaneously.

But hey, Christmas is coming! And if you're looking for a venue to hold that once-a-year Christmas family dinner or business talk over Christmas food, this offer is still valid.

Anyway, I had the privilege to attend this small gathering of media for a food review at The Peak, Pullman Hotel. The whole idea of dining by candlelight does make a girl feel a little romantic, most especially if you're on the 22nd Floor, overlooking the whole of Kuching City, with someone you cherish. :-) Nice feeling huh? and we're not even talking about the food yet!
The view at night is mesmerizing from The Peak, Pullman. Kuching is all bright lights beautiful after 7pm. How anyone could leave a city this breathtaking, for some other place away from home, is beyond me.
Anyway, the Christmas dinner was brisk, straightforward, and sweet. And I'm not just talking about the memory. Appetizers, desserts, main courses were all enticingly sugary I could easily develop a sweet tooth if I didn't have one already. I mean, look at this lovely candy confectionarised house, it's like a scene from the North Pole!
 
And the lovely chocolaty eclairs Christmas tree! Oh they're real eclairs, not just for decorations, so careful picking each one or you might bring down the tree. Ho ho ho.
Somehow nobody warned me how sweet these colourful array of macaroons could be, that I put a bunch in my plate but didn't finish half of them. This could go well with sugarless tea, but then I'm more of a coffee person...
 
Marshmallow candies anyone? Get a bunch of these for giveaways during Christmas Day open house, not a bad idea, hey?
And, the traditional sugary butter muffins. Now this would be perfect with coffee.
And for the main course -- a beautifully roasted turkey! Now, if you don't already know, I don't exactly have a good experience with turkey meat. But this one were surprisingly pretty nice ... tender, moist, and not blanch at all, as I had initially thought. Served with black pepper sauce with sweet stuffings and garnish on the side, it was without a doubt, the one and only time I enjoyed eating a roast turkey. Talk about! The only problem with it was it was too small for the bunch of us! Ha ha ha.
 
I think I pretty much mixed the appetizers with the desserts, but no matter. They could serve as both. Like this sweet rolls er... logs. I stuffed a few pieces of these babies in one go. They were that irresitible.
And what's a night without coffee, right? For that after-effect moment. The perfect closure to a good dinner.
The Christmast Eve and New Year's Eve Candlelight Dinner is priced at RM200++ per person. The view and the dining experience is expected to leave a lasting impression on you and your loved ones, that is, if you're as romantic as me. :-) There will also be unlimited serving of wines, chilled juices, sodas and hot beverage... although we weren't so lucky that night. Sigh...

For reservations and enquiries, drop by at Pullman’s Kuching festive desk today, or call +6 (0) 82 222 888 or email to H6332@accor.com.

Enjoy!

P/s: I'll be back with more updates soon people! Sorry I've been remiss, yet again. I know, I miss you guys too. :p




10 comments:

  1. I think it was just last week, maybe on the 16th december, Sungha Jung - the classical guitar extraordinaire and youtube sensation played live show there at the Pullman Hotel...oh what a lovely sight at the peak...reminds me how i miss Kuching so much...merry christmas sis! May you have a splendid and joyful holiday with friends and family..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The night view is simply spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the turkey looks perfectly roasted..
    nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ""How anyone could leave a city this breathtaking, for some other place away from home, is beyond me." - WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I like the Turkey looks yummy... goodness the sweets lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the scenery from The Peak...good shot!

    Must say that it at first did look like a dessert review with all the Christmas sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adi Herman: you were at Sungha Jung's performance at Pullman? I heard he was really gifted, watched his youtubes too. :p Thanks. Happy holiday to you buddy! =))

    Hayley: It is, esp when ur up high looking down! :-)

    Simple Person: it tasted awesome too, not dry and thick at all. :))

    cyrildason: Kuching is and always will be home to me, no matter what other people say. =)

    Genskie: the sauce is really nice too, probably that's what makes it tasted even better. ;)

    missyblurkit: Thanks! Luckily it didnt rain that night too. Haha i was as surprised as you, with all those sweets, almost didnt see the turkey. Lol

    Willie: :) yes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday greetings...plus wishes for a Blessed Christmas and an awesome 2013 to you an your family.

    Oooooo....lovely song!!! Hmmm...must share this one on Facebook. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. suituapui: thanks! merry christmas to you too! yes, it's a song by Casting Crowns, a christian band.:p

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!