Monday, July 18, 2011

The Appraisee ...

STRENGTH: Resourceful, level-headed, crafty, intelligent, dependable, reliable, a time-keeper, a team player but able to work unsupervised and/or alone, adapting fast to any environment, extremely patient, able to work under complete duress and within really crass short notice [or die trying], able to withstand and deliver all ridiculous demands [within the bounds of propriety].  In short - I'm the best person for this job and you will not do well to lose me.

Yuck! I sound like a Supergirl, a lioness, a chameleon, a platypus, a flamingo, an eel, a panther, a zombie!

Arrghhhhh!!!

I loath doing my own appraisal. Especially if 6 months have passed by and I have lost all track and time on what the pffftt I have been doing all this time. I wrote them all down all that I did and still it didn't quite record everything, all the heartaches, the pain, the dizziness, the indecision, the sleepless nights, the panic attacks, the rows, the little riffs, the pats on the back, the thumb ups, the friendships built, etc.

I've been working for 11 years and the appraisal is something I have always hated doing. If it weren't for the fact that the appraisal is much needed, I wont wish it on anyone. Loath! Loath! Loath! Loath! Loath!

Coffee, anyone?

16 comments:

  1. I hate it too... Mcm masuk bakul angkat sendiri, my bakul is too heavy la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee Girl serba boleh bah... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's for job reason- you just have to do what you need to do. However, it seems all positive to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commented earlier.. tak registered.
    A must do exercise.. equally difficult for the appraisees as well as the appraisers especially in a super-stingy organisations or upper management.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes please. black coffee..no sugar. thanks!



    eh? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one, does not believe in appraisal, i believe in talking and sorting out,training and guiding,,, you see only after a spate of months, you baru do appraisal,so hard to change lah, if i find my staff lacking in some areas,i will talk it out with them,get them to improve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. No choice - have to blow your own horn! In this world, nobody is going to blow for you- all too busy blowing their own and trying to blow the loudest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivynana: itu lah, bunyi pun fake jak kan. ada org lagi la hebatnya engkah... haha

    Ms Tikot: coffee pot serba boleh. hihi

    MLM: of cos we need to put in the positive, but sometimes who knows u better than the person u work with, right?

    Wan Sharif: you're right. i wont wanna be either one if i had a choice. but gotta go what we gotta do. esp if the appraisal determines our err bonuses, in which case that is too poor a measurement or reward. sigh...

    Hanie: hahaha! i like my coffee black too. keeps you awake all day with a grim face! eh? apa kaitan? LOL

    Eugene: me too. how to do appraisal when u dont set a target in the beginning? hmm... how to set a target thats realistic enough when there;s too many adhoc stuff to deal with too. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. suituapui: ahaha ur right again. sigh... if only we dont have to blow at all, and let people just observe us at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wat to do? buat je la...

    one ice cappuccino pls :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are still so young and your horn is blasting so loud. Wait till you reach my age, you might need a whole band to play the orchestra for you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luciana: kopi o peng? :-) dah abis dah

    Twilight Man: hahaha i sound so unrealistically excellent! no lah, by the time i reach your age, i'd already be my own boss so i need to hear other people blow their own horn pulak.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here.. haiyah... the fact you kena puji diri so that you get good marks just don't write well in my books..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cyril: ya kan? it wud be easier for someone else to do it. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey dayung..adeh lambat crita aku..should have copied that 'strength' earlier masuk dlm saya punya performance appraisal..masti dpt increment 20% hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tiq: nyeh nyeh nyeh. mun dpt 20% jangan lupa tuan hamba di sini.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, you're here! Leave a message! Always appreciated. Thanks!